The top five Walk MS teams will receive a team tent this year provided by the National MS Society. Congratulations to Cathie's Crue, MAC Construction, walkn4acure, Roo's Crew and Lesa's Lesions!!
Walk MS Louisville 2015
Walk MS Louisville 2015
Congratulations to Briova Bunch and Faith+Fitness for winning the Registration Challenge!
Their teams will be sporting the new Walk MS Lanyards!
Congratulations to Amanda Ribble for winning our Fundraising Challenge!
She will receive ALL THREE individual prizes automatically!
Fundraising Challenge: May 20 - May 22
Los Angeles based and internationally renowned Mural and Street Artist, Lydiaemily will be in Louisville May 28 - May 31 painting a two story, MS Awareness Mural, on the Butchertown Market Building.
Louisville has been chosen as the flagship city in a four city tour that also includes Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California, and Austin, Texas.
So today through Friday May 22, the person who raises the most money will win two brunch invitations to the private reception being held at the Butchertown Market Building in her honor. You will also receive a printed and framed photograph of you with Lydiaemily signed by the artist!
Lydiaemily is considered one of few prominent and prolific female street artists in a predominantly male field. She creates art because of a profound and sincere feeling of obligation to humanity. Lydiaemily also lives with multiple sclerosis and many times must attach her paint brush to her hand with shoe laces to continue painting.
You cannot buy tickets to this once in a lifetime opportunity...but you can fundraise!
Longhorn Steakhouse will be grilling and serving lunch to all participants immediately following the walk!! So stay around and enjoy lunch with your family and friends.
NEW THIS YEAR:
- Early ON-SITE registration and prize pickup will be Friday May 29 at Waterfront Park from 3:30PM - 7:30PM. You can still register online or by calling our Fundraising Support Center at 855-372-1331.
- Trader Joes will be providing a free healthy breakfast!
- Kids Zone is bigger and better with more games including Plinko, Corn Hole, Baby Bean Bags, Ring Toss, Bowling and More!
- Spencerian College will be giving massages for a donation to Walk MS!
- Select someone from your team to "Try on MS" and walk the walk. Go to our Try On MS tent the day of the walk for more information or contact Mary Carabella at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Team Awards!
- Remember that touching photo that went viral nationwide of a
Louisville police officer helping a woman cross the finish line at the Rhodes
City Run? Asia Ford will be helping us
kick off our walk event with her inspiring words!
- AND.....Los Angeles based Mural Artist, Lydiaemily will be painting a two story mural on the Butchertown Market Building the weekend of Walk MS Louisville. Lydiaemily is considered one of few prominent and prolific female street artists in a predominantly male field. She creates art because of a profound and sincere feeling of obligation to humanity. Lydiaemily also lives with multiple sclerosis and many times must attach her paint brush to her hand with shoe laces to continue painting. To read more about her CLICK HERE
And don't forget...
Team Village – Last year’s team village was booming! If you would like to bring your own pop-up tent and set up a space for your team to gather, we encourage you to do so. It’s like tailgating at Walk MS! If you would like to set up on Friday from 3:30 – 7:30 you are more than welcome to do so. We have overnight security; however, we cannot be responsible for any damage (wind/rain etc…) or theft.
Passport Program – Each sponsor will have a unique stamp for your passport (passports can be picked up at the chapter tent and/or registration). If you receive a stamp from each sponsor, you will be put into a drawing to win one of several door prizes.
Make sure you pick up your Walk MS bibs at registration too. You can write who you are walking for and pin it on your back!
Don’t forget to stop by May Creations and purchase your MS Jewelry. 40% of all sales benefit Walk MS Louisville!
TEE SHIRT COMPANY SUGGESTIONS: (for those who create their own team tee shirts)
- NAC IMPRINT (Louisville) 502-657-7805
- Doug Harney: 76inc (Somerset) 888-234-1089 - Doug will donate a percentage back to your walk team when you order shirts.
- Metro Promotional (Louisville) 502-368-9391
CLICK HERE for frequently asked questions
ROUTE INFORMATION: Participants may choose a 1, 2 or 3 mile route option. Please take note, due to major bridge construction in and around Waterfront Park, routes are subject to change. Generally these are the routes marked in BLACK:
There will be several golf carts riding the route for those who are unable to finish. There will also be a water stop at each route turn.
Walk MS connects people living with MS and those who care about them. It is an experience unlike any other - a day to come together, to celebrate the progress we've made and to show the power of our connections.
When you participate in Walk MS, the funds you raise give hope to the more than 5,000 people living with MS in our community. The dollars raised support life-changing programs and cutting-edge research. Every connection counts.
Register now, connect with others and start fundraising today.